Where are the most popular Schoolies destinations?
Get your party gear on and head to Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast for the most populated and outrageous Schoolies mecca. But that's not to say there aren't other super-exclusive destinations. Your conga shirt will look good in Tropical North Queensland, your designer shades in Byron Bay. Magnetic Island, Airlie Beach and Great Keppel Island have also proven themselves to be magnetic Schoolies destinations in the Sunshine State. Other popular destinations include Noosa, Jervis Bay, Lorne, Torquay, Mornington Peninsular, Bali and Fiji.
When is Schoolies Week held in 2012 for Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria?
Week 1 Saturday 17 November 2012 to Saturday 24 November 2012
Week 2 Saturday 24 November 2012 to Saturday 1 December 2012
Week 3 Saturday 1 December 2012 to Saturday 8 December 2012
Arriving at these destinations outside of the mentioned dates could result in disappointment; the parties, events, and severe Schoolies benefits have all been concentrated in those few days. Book now to avoid the I-missed-Schoolies blues.
When is Schoolies Week held in 2013 for Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria?
What activities are usually provided during Schoolies Week?
If there's a party, we're usually behind it. Schoolies provides some serious fun for not-so-serious fun-loving teenagers, like you. Here's what you can expect:
A lot of them, and in various flavours, sizes and highly original themes. Some nights you'll be able to dance â€˜til dawn, and others you'll be able to take part in riveting exercises like Schoolies talent shows, etc. Check out the schedule for your intended destination to ensure that you have the right bling for an event worth remembering.
These are the events organized during the day to keep all the party animals occupied (yes, we mean you). But don't worry â€“ they're organized by people who have made it their life goal to enjoy every moment. Rest assured that the days will be as extreme as the nights. For more information on what to expect, just consult the Schoolies schedule for your intended destination.
What are the best ways to stay safe when celebrating Schoolies?
Being young is all about being wild and free. Sometimes one or the other. But to get the most out of your Schoolies week, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Schoolies ID / Student ID: Keep it on you at all times â€“ it's your passport to fun, your ticket to freedom of movement between select Schoolies events.
- Stay Sober: Alcohol clouds the perception and could make you behave in a way that is not only embarrassing to yourself, but also to those around you. Stay sober and make the most of an event especially held for you and your mates.
- Avoid Fights: In the spirit of mass Schoolies enjoyment, avoid fights at any costs. Not only can they spoil the moment, but they have the potential to spoil the entire event.
- Keep Together: Work out a buddy-system with your friends to ensure that you keep an eye on one another during your Schoolies stay. Should there be a chance of separation, organise a central meeting point that's easily visible from anywhere.
- Spare Change: Keep some in your back pocket for emergency calls or even an emergency meal.
- Use Your Head: Staying safe means spotting and avoiding potential dangers. Don't stray from the beaten path and take responsibility for yourself as well as those around you.
GOLD COAST | AIRLIE BEACH | SUNSHINE
COAST | ALEXANDRA HEADLANDS | MAGNETIC ISLAND
NSWNEW SOUTH WALES
BYRON BAY | COFFS HARBOUR | KINGSCLIFF | TWEED HEADS
LORNE | TORQUAY | MORNINGTON PENINSULAR
ROTTNEST ISLAND | BUSSELTON